Monday, 13 June 2011

I'm still here, I've just been busy - but now I'm ready to share ...

I took a break from blogging at Christmas and kept meaning to get started again but somehow other things always seemed to keep me from actually posting anything.

So what I have I been up to?  Well the most important thing I've been doing is developing a way of using Content Curation as part of Performance Support. 

Tomorrow (Tuesday 14th June 2011) I'll be sharing the model I've developed at the Learning and Skills Group Conference at Olympia.  Then over the next few weeks I'll share what I've been doing here to successfully use content curation as part of facilitiating informal/social learning.

The single most important lesson I've learned in all this is that theories such as the 70:20:10 model, social learning and informal learning are great, but the reality of making them work is another matter.  It takes time, patience, trust and a very flexible approach to really get these theories into operational practice.

So, I've resurfaced, battle-scarred, but delighted to be finally starting to see the promise of these theories materialising.

Onward ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment